Have you ever wondered how to land a paid board role? Take a listen to this conversation with Jocelyn Mangan and host Natalie Benamou, as they discuss all the details of what you need to access board of director roles.
Jocelyn Mangan is the founder of, “Him For Her”, a social impact venture aimed at accelerating diversity on corporate boards. She has over two decades of technology experience, building iconic global mobile apps and marketing, leading software products at some of the world's best local consumer and marketplace companies, including City Search, Ticketmaster, Openable, and SNE job.
Jocelyn currently serves on the boards of Papa John's International. She also serves on Chow Now and We, and is an advisor to Home Base and Core. She's a part-time moderator for the Netflix leadership program.
Jocelyn was honored as a member of the 2016 class of Henry Crown Fellows at the Aspen Institute. And she was a global ambassador for the vital voices global partnership, and was one of fast companies, 100 most creative people in business in 2015. Learn how you can achieve a board of director role.
Listen to Jocelyn Mangan as she shares helpful tips to move you into a board position.
Your Network Matters:
- Networking with CEOs, investors and board directors is the best way to access available board roles.
- Make sure you have the background a board is looking for, and look for areas to gain operational insights in your organization.
- Connect and share updates with your network, especially with people who may not know recent successes.
6 Steps to Landing a Board Director Role:
- Identify your operational and industry expertise.
- Show competence in your expertise.
- Make a list of who you personally know that are investors, CEOs, or board members.
- Look at those people around you and ask yourself how many CEOs, investors, and board members I know and start those conversations.
- Gain access to the boardroom inside your own company is a really great thing to do.
- Do you have a relationship with the own with your board of your own company?
“There's so much opportunity to change this landscape, to add women to boards that it doesn't need to be a sacrifice and it shouldn't be a sacrifice because it's financially the right thing to do. Boards that are diverse, actually perform better on every dimension.” –
– Jocelyn Mangan Find Jocelyn Mangan | Him For Her
You Belong Here. Natalie Benamou is the Founder of HerCsuite®.
Natalie is a speaker, podcast guest, board advisor and CEO of HerPower2, Inc.